slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 Photobucket" alt="slideshow image " />

Welcome

To our family blog! We love having a spot to record the Grand and not so Grand events in our lives! Thanks for keeping track of us and for tagging along! And don't forget to check out my photography blog!

VINTAGE FINDS

Last year I went to a yard sale and found these beauties! I could not believe my eyes when I saw these hand stitched quilts. I loved them instantly and feared they were out of my price range. I looked at the tag and it said $1. I looked at the rest and most of them were $1 except for maybe one or two were $2. I asked the lady why she was selling them and she replied they were her girlfriend's and she just figured she would never be able to finish them. I asked why so cheap!! I really just wanted her to take them back into the house and not sell them at all! I tried to convince her and she said her friend wanted to sell them. I had to do it. I bought them all! I must have paid $11 dollars total. I have the blocks for two more quilts. I kept them for a whole year trying to figure out what to do with them. I wanted to keep the vintage feel intact. I thought about looking for vintage fabric or sheets to back them but it would cost more than the quilts. I finally decided that I was going to just quilt them and finish them. Here are the before pictures. Hopefully I will soon have the after pictures! I have quilted two so far. I just might get them done this year! And hopefully I will be able to find some more vintage quilts this year! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket This is my very first quilt! My practice quilt and it has been sitting in my sewing room for about five years! Photobucket

2 comments:

Amy Rose said...

wow, that's crazy! great find!!

Jacob J said...

We should have a quilt party where we roll ourselves up in each quilt one-by-one and give it a score of 1-10; 1 being "this piece of paper isn't keeping my warm" and 10 being "I am in heaven with my new snuggle buddy" and then tally up the points and announce the grand vintage quilt champion, followed by hot chocolate. Just a thought.