slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 Photobucket" alt="slideshow image " />

Welcome

To our family blog! We love having a spot to record the Grand and not so Grand events in our lives! Thanks for keeping track of us and for tagging along! And don't forget to check out my photography blog!

This time is for real... well...maybe...

So, it's been 15 days since I posted and said I would blog. Well, things didn't go as I had planned (when do they?)... it is actually hard to find the time to do it, harder than I thought anyways... But here I am, and I'm ready.
This week I have been working on several little projects, nothing fancy. See, I've never been the craft type (That's my sister) but ever since I had Emma, there's something about having children that makes you want to create and preserve memories, every moment is too precious to forget it. And so, since I have a child and I'm a stay home mom... I think this is something I should do. Also, I want to share the things I'm making. I'm so into quilting and sewing these days. Oh, and Scrapbooking, but I still haven't decided if I want to do paper or digital, or maybe hybrid? We'll see...
So, I've made a couple of quilts, not this month (or year), but I finally had my quilting machine fixed (or set up correctly anyways) and yesterday I put it on the machine and was all ready to start when I realized I had no thread, how silly is that? No thread! So, I moved on to my pin cushion that I found in one of my quilting magazines, the designer, Heather Bailey, is so good at making pin cushions! They are pretty and easy to make... It's almost finished and I will be uploading some pictures later today, when I sew the ribbon in, and it's all finished.
Also, I'm way excited today to start Stories in Hands at Jessicasprague.com. It should be really fun! It's starts today!
And on that page, the story of today: I'm a little tired this morning... Emma's been sick (a mild ear infection) and we haven't been able to rest very well lately, she woke up at 11pm last night and decided she wanted to play and cry and grunt and scream, therefore...we all had a rough night...hopefully she'll start feeling better today and we're back to our usual schedule... I need Emma's daily naps! Two-one and half hour naps!
Oh, I have so much to do today!! I'm having the Single Adults in our ward come for Family Home Evening, not our family home evening, more like I'm hosting their FHE and I'm supossed to have a clean house and treats on the table... which wouldn't be so hard, had we had a better night... we'll see how it goes.
Anyways... this post got longer than I thought... I guess it's just a matter of starting...

0 comments: