slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 Photobucket" alt="slideshow image " />

Welcome

To our family blog! We love having a spot to record the Grand and not so Grand events in our lives! Thanks for keeping track of us and for tagging along! And don't forget to check out my photography blog!

On the subject of prayer

I was just reading a talk by President Boyd K. Packer (Prayer and Promptings) and thought I would share a little excerpt, hope you enjoy it and learn from it!

When Oliver Cowdery failed in an attempt to translate, the Lord told him:

"Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.

“But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.

“But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings” (D&C 9:7–9).

That principle is illustrated by the story of a little girl. She was upset with her brother, who built a trap to catch sparrows.

Unable to get help, she said to herself, “Well, I’ll pray about it.”

After her prayer, the little girl told her mother, “I know he is not going to catch any sparrows in his trap because I prayed about it. I’m positive he won’t catch any sparrows!”

Her mother said, “How can you be so sure?”

She said, “After I prayed about it, I went out and kicked that old trap all to pieces!”

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Love your post!
By the way, I was so proud of myself last week...I read the lesson and was prepared to come to class and participate, but then they needed an extra man [woman] in nursery, so I missed your lesson - so sorry I did - you're a great teacher!

The Blandon's said...

I love that story! Thanks for sharing.