slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 Photobucket" alt="slideshow image " />

Welcome

To our family blog! We love having a spot to record the Grand and not so Grand events in our lives! Thanks for keeping track of us and for tagging along! And don't forget to check out my photography blog!

So, I said I would post a picture of my pin cushion... not very good, but here it is. I just LOVE my very first pin cushion!!
It's Friday night and I am watching my hubby play Oblivion (a PS3 game that only men understand) and well... it got boring. So, here I am recording today's adventures.
I've been sick. Emma's been sick. Not a whole lot happening for us but, we are picking up my mom at the airport tomorrow! She'll be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with us. I'm excited, I've missed her. I'm planning lots of crafting this month and next. I've never been a crafty person (I know I've said that before, but, believe it, I have never been crafty) but these past weeks I just feel the need to create, to make, and I'm enjoying it a lot! My mom on the other hand, has always been crafty. Well, lets say she's tried a lot of different things. First, I remember her painting and kind of glazing the paints... whatever that was called, then there was macrame furniture and decorations, then sewing (she took several classes and made some pretty dresses and stuff). She also did some photography. And last time she was here, she quilted with me, we made two twin size quilts for my twin nieces. And she mentioned she wanted to scrapbook, I wasn't into it then, but now I am and I think she will be excited to do some of that and sew, sew, sew! I'm thinking baby stuff for now. Emma is my inspiration! And speaking of Emma, she turned 8 months just yesterday and is crawling and getting into everything. Tomorrow when we go to Indy we're buying her a superyard and setting it up in our family room for her to play in. Also, we're hitting my favorite Fabric Store!!! I'm so excited, like a good fabric junkie!

0 comments: