slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 Photobucket" alt="slideshow image " />

Welcome

To our family blog! We love having a spot to record the Grand and not so Grand events in our lives! Thanks for keeping track of us and for tagging along! And don't forget to check out my photography blog!

Jake's Birthday!

So, Jake, you are OLD! We celebrated Jake's birthday Sunday Night (His b-day was yesterday though, January 12th, and we went to Outback for dinner), with the traditional Jake Tribute Family Home Evening. I love this tradition! My mother-in-law keeps this tradition true for every birthday boy/girl every year. We go around in a circle and tell the birthday boy/girl why we love them and tell stories about them, my mother-in-law starts with the story of their birth and it's so neat just hearing it. This is real Family History! I wish I could remember every detail right now so I could record it here! That would be a neat scrapbook idea! The Story of Your Birth. And record every one's birth story... Definitely going in my list of Projects for this year!
So, here are the images of Jake's birthday celebration!

Two more traditions are shown in the pictures. The first one, the Mexican tradition of biting the cake (and everyone else smashing their face on the cake!) and the second one is the Brazilian Tradition of honoring one person with the first slice cut (Matt was the lucky one!).

0 comments: