slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 Photobucket" alt="slideshow image " />

Welcome

To our family blog! We love having a spot to record the Grand and not so Grand events in our lives! Thanks for keeping track of us and for tagging along! And don't forget to check out my photography blog!

ANOTHER ORDINARY DAY

Saturday mornings are my time off. 7:30 am. I'm still enjoying my sleep. I think. Not really thinking. Dreaming still, maybe? I can go out by myself for a couple of hours. Kids are sleeping. Ryan is sleeping. He takes care of them until I get back. I went to a couple of yard sales. I bought a cool vintage suitcase and a pair of purple goggles for Emma. She's into "swimming" now. Ryan, Matt and Grandpa take the kids to the pool. Emma wanted to go "swim". I go grocery shopping. Cecilia teaches me how to use coupons effectively. I buy $130 and only pay $77. Not many pictures of our morning.

Emma and Alex at Grandma's house waiting to go to the pool.
Photobucket
We meet again. The little ones nap. Ryan fixes us a super delicious little meal. He is such a great cook! Everything he makes is gourmet. I have come to accept that he is the talented cook in the family. I am very grateful that I am the recipient of such tasty meals. He made Eggplant Parmigiana over wheat linguine. I can still taste it. {I guess I did have it for lunch again today} I make salad. Store bought, but I dress it. And sweet corn.

My plate. I savor.
Photobucket

Emma chews my salad.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Emma gobbles up the rest of her meal.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Twenty piggies.
Photobucket

Things slow down. Alex sleeps. Ben plays. Ryan rests. I want to take some {more} pictures of Emma at sunset. We go to a little empty lot near our house. We take pictures. It gets dark. We are ready to come home. I don't have the keys. I look. I pray. I look. I think. I look. Emma plays. I call Ryan. Ryan calls Matt to come help me. He is on his way. I look. I pray. I find. We go home. We itch. Emma wants a bath. We itch. We hurt. Emma hurts. Emma has grass cuts all over her little legs. They hurt. I hurt for her.

I look at these pictures. I am happy. She's lovely.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another ordinary day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Emma eating the delicious looking eggplant parmigiana (spelling?)

Have I already told you that your blog is simply, astoundingly beautiful?

Kristie said...

You're right, the evening light is beautiful!